The story of H Askey Transport goes right back to the days of horse and cart at Glass Tilt House, Loxley on the outskirts of Sheffield. Even then, pride in the equipment was obvious with the horses been well cared for with gleaming harnesses and well polished brasses. Early cargoes consisted of timber from the woods to local sawmills and ceramics for the refractory industries. With the coming of motor vehicles H Askey Transport moved to Malin Bridge, Sheffield in 1946.
By 1946 Askeys had built a reputation for reliable efficient service that is maintained to this day. A move to Middlewood Road, Sheffield in 1959 saw Askeys acquire the business of Arundel Motors Ltd.
Today the company is still family owned and maintains strong traditional values of honesty and loyalty both to customers and staff that seems to be lost in today’s big multinational companies.
Continued success at providing just what the customer needed saw growth continuing through the next 30 years. A move to the current base was made in 1988. The current site was adapted and expanded to suit the current operational requirements with warehousing and a new garage was erected. In 2009, a purpose built office block was added to house our growing administration team. From the outset diversification has been the key to our growth and this continues today with our vast and hugely varied customer base.